Photography: seeing through a beginner’s lens

Monday 15 June 2015

Inspiration

Have you ever looked at a photograph of a beach, field of flowers or a city and marveled at how amazing it would be to be at that place? All the thoughts and emotions that you experience are due to one photo and the person behind the camera that took it. Photography can be whatever you want it to be, your hobby, job, life. It actually has the ability to give you something entirely different everyday. My first digital camera was a point and shoot from Samsung, when the sensor went bad I graduated to a bridge camera by Fuji. Now I use a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex)from Canon (we will explore the differences between all three types later).
My first proper photography subject was the moon, using the bridge camera I was able to see all the details of the craters on the moon's surface (no luck in finding the crash site of the Autobots however) Every night there was a moon I was outside with my camera. Even now, with a full moon I am drawn to photograph it still.
Generally however I do have a specific subject that I shoot it is just whatever appeals to me at the moment. If you were going to get into photography what instant moment in time would you want to capture? After all photography is about capturing that one split second in time in your camera. Please share in the comments below.


For me all that matters are the subject, my shutter button finger and myself, everything else is just bokeh!! 












4 comments:

  1. What is meant by bokeh? In your last sentence, "everything else is bokeh". Never heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bokeh is basically the blurred out parts of a photo and how pleasing they are to the viewer. Many photographers, strive to have very nice bokeh in their photos and having a good lens will help in this. One of my later posts will discuss bokeh in more detail. You are very welcome to check it out once it is posted.

      Delete
  2. I would love to shoot natural sceneries sunlight filtering through trees etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those types of photographs usually demonstrate an excellent use of light and tend to have a calming effect on the viewer, in my opinion of course. :)

      Delete